Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Draft Recap

OK, so it has been some time since I have been back from the draft and things have been very busy. Before we jump into training camp and fantasy I wanted to just do a quick draft recap.

I know that I posted about my lunch with the commissioner while I was in New York, but I just have to say it was absolutely amazing sitting at a table eating and talking football with a man who impacts it in so many ways. Everyone has their own opinions when it comes to the man but I have to say from personal experience that he really cares about not only the game and its players but the fans, their opinions and input as well.
The guys and I at table selections

After three wonderful days of nothing but football, the Redskins walked away with seven new players including three defensive backs who all seem to be really good at forcing turnovers. Even though we didn't have a pick in the first round, I think that we still collectively managed to snag players who should have been picked up earlier and cover the positions that we needed including two much needed  safeties. Here is hoping that we have another year continuing to improve as a team and dominate as a franchise.  HTTR!




No comments:

Post a Comment